Gastroenterologists are specialized doctors who study and treat problems with the digestive organs. They are internal medicine doctors who completed years of extra training to treat these problems. Most see patients in the clinic as well as perform their own endoscopy (scoping) procedures.
People see gastroenterologists for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons include: abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, weight loss, liver problems (hepatitis and cirrhosis), gallbladder problems, pancreas problems, bleeding, trouble swallowing, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis) or nutritional problems.
Gastroenterology Services at MMMC
Our services include diagnosis, evaluation, management and treatment for:
- Esophagus: Heartburn or Reflux, Esophagitis, Barrett’s Esophagus, Hiatal Hernia, Esophageal Stricture, Esophageal Cancer, Varices
- Stomach: Ulcers, Gastritis, Helicobacter Pylori Infection, Stomach Cancer
- Liver: Viral Hepatitis, Alcoholic Liver Disease, Cirrhosis, Liver Cysts, Hemochromatosis, Liver Cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma)
- Gallbladder: Gallstones, Gallbladder Sludge, Gallbladder Cancer
- Pancreas: Pancreatic Cysts, Pancreatic Pseudocysts, Pancreatic Cancer, Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis, Ischemic Bowel, Colon Cancer
- Colon screening for cancer preventive and intestinal health and wellness to prevent gastrointestinal issues